Night fishing!

The law on fisheries in Cyprus
vladimincyp

Night fishing!

Postby vladimincyp » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:50 pm

As was officially announced from the 1 of June 2013 night angling in some Bulgarians dam and rivers will be allowed!There from many years are allowed and angling with more then one rod especially for carp fishing! I think that is time for the Cyprus fishing authorities to change the law!As we know the law is for the people and the for all anglers and have to synchronized with some new situations!

COACH
Site Admin

Re: Night fishing!

Postby COACH » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:07 pm

vladimincyp wrote:As was officially announced from the 1 of June 2013 night angling in some Bulgarians dam and rivers will be allowed!There from many years are allowed and angling with more then one rod especially for carp fishing! I think that is time for the Cyprus fishing authorities to change the law!As we know the law is for the people and the for all anglers and have to synchronized with some new situations!

NO WAY!!!!!! :evil: :!: :!: :!: :!: FORGET IT FOREVER THIS! I AM STRICTLY DISAGREE WITH THIS LAW :!: :!: And do not compare Cyprus with Bulgaria,Romania,Russia or other countries!! WE WILL PREPARE FROM 2013 LETTER FROM OUR CLUB TO CONTROL NIGHT FISHING MORE,AND GIVE BIGGER FINE WHO IS FISHING WITH MORE THAN ! ROD!

vladimincyp

Postby vladimincyp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:05 am

OK COACH you are disagree! This is not the way to save fishing population in the dams!A lot of fishing nets were dropped in the dams exactly at night time, but for those persons control and penalties does not exist! May be the law is only for this who paid his licence and try to catch one fish! How many times I tried to call the fishing department for persons with nets and boats at night time,but without success! No one answered me on the phone! I am fishing on the Cyprus dams more then 8 years and never ,never I met one person from fishing authorities to control something!
Other reason to ask for is night fishing is that most of the predators as catfish and pike perch can be cached only at night! Carp fishing is special and in lot of fishing contests in Europe is allowed two or tree rods!I am agree that maybe you like to catch fish with spinning or pole at day time,but why every one have to use your way!
I think that it is not solution to not allow something because we couldn't control it!

COACH
Site Admin

Postby COACH » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:51 pm

So,I see your position.But I have to explain to you every thing from beginning about Cyprus fishing. :!: :!: I fishing in Cyprus more than 20 years,that`s why I create this website and our club,to discus methods and help each others.
About night control it is not reason to allowed fishing at night it will be not help at all for sure! We check this many times,about nets,boats we know it every body,but now it is not topic for discussion, enough!! Our aim now,competitions,master class,teach new fisherman's and many others things to do it,to control it it is not our job ,if we have chance we do it control.
In Europe you said??Where? you are confused I think,because I have connections with board of International Fishing Associations?and night fishing is not allowed!! :idea:
Are you joking :) to me and every body?? Who told you that zander and carp take at night time? You are wrong or you do no how to fishing for predictor .I fishing zander in day time and carp only day time many time.
So your idea for night fishing for Cyprus not reasonable :!:

Johng

Postby Johng » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:32 am

Hi guys.

Interesting debate this one. I have been fishing for specimen carp for about 20 years now and have fished in the UK, France and Belgium. And I can confirm that night fishing is a very big part of the sport in these countries. One thing it may help with is to deter the people fishing illegally with nets etc if there are legal night anglers on.

Also, it is also common practice to fish for Carp using 2, 3 or even 4 rods. Due to the fact that big carp can be so difficult to catch, fishing with more than one rod can benefit hugely.

Also, catch and release should be done. As well as good fish care. Like using a large padded unhooking mat to place the fish on whilst unhooking it. Only having it out of he water for a short time to unhook and take photos. And a big one. Learning how to correctly hold large carp (NOT BY THE GILLS) and NEVER stand up holding them. Always kneel or crouch down.

John
Take only Photos, Leave only Footprints....

COACH
Site Admin

Postby COACH » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Johng wrote:Hi guys.

Interesting debate this one. I have been fishing for specimen carp for about 20 years now and have fished in the UK, France and Belgium. And I can confirm that night fishing is a very big part of the sport in these countries. One thing it may help with is to deter the people fishing illegally with nets etc if there are legal night anglers on.

Also, it is also common practice to fish for Carp using 2, 3 or even 4 rods. Due to the fact that big carp can be so difficult to catch, fishing with more than one rod can benefit hugely.

Also, catch and release should be done. As well as good fish care. Like using a large padded unhooking mat to place the fish on whilst unhooking it. Only having it out of he water for a short time to unhook and take photos. And a big one. Learning how to correctly hold large carp (NOT BY THE GILLS) and NEVER stand up holding them. Always kneel or crouch down.

John

Jhon,look I mostly agree with you in general,but I will answer very short,never compere cyprus dams and fishing with Europe or other countries,tha`ts it.I think you undersand what I am talking about. ;)

COACH
Site Admin

Postby COACH » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:54 am

:( :evil: I visit Kurios yesterday,F**k!!! 20 cars and thousands of carp fishing hunters and rods all weekends!!! :evil: They are even ask permission,they do competitions what ever they like, not illegal by at list for 2 more important options 1) ALL NIGHT FISHING 2) THEY HAVE 4-5 RODS each
:!: :!: NEXT YEAR WE WILL STOP THIS FOR SURE ,I PROMISE!! if they not ask for permission at list

Return to “Fisheries and the Law”